You love sweets and you want to keep your figure? It is kind of like an impossible mission to satisfy both your sweet tooth and your desire to maintain a fine figure, right? However, there are times you cannot resist the tempting scent and flavor of a piece of cake, may be late at night long after dinner has finished.
Understanding that conflicting feeling that many girls and women have, we have some suggestions that can help you out. Here are 3 low-calorie desserts, which is also very easy to make for any home cooks with a typical kitchen with a gas cooktop or a best induction cooktop and some simple tools.
1. Pumpkin Custard
- For this delicious treat, you need ¾ oz splenda, ½ tsp salt and the same amount of ginger, 1 tbsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp cloves, 2 eggs, 1 ½ cups of low-fat milk and of course 15 oz of pumpkin.
- First, preheat your oven to 220oC
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a small bowl and crack eggs in a large one. Mix in pumpkin and all dry ingredients. Pour milk in halves.
- Spray 8×8” glass baking dish at bottom and add the mixture
- Bake for 15 minutes at 220 oC then continue at 175 oC for 20-50 minutes (you can cut a knife through clean)
- Leave it to cool for 2 hours at least
- You can serve it with sugar free cool whip
2. Lavender scented strawberries with honey cream
- You need: 1/3 cup of water and same amount of sugar, ½ tsp dried lavender and the same amount of unflavored gelatin, 1tbsp water, ¼ cup of honey, 2 tbsp cornstarch, 1/8 tsp salt, 3 egg yolks, 1 cup of reduced-fat milk, 6 oz Greek-style plain yogurt and 2 cups of quartered strawberries
- Boil the first 3 ingredients in a saucepan till sugar dissolves, do not forget to stir. Leave it cool for 10 minutes. Then use a sieve to strain the liquid into a bowl. Leave it.
- Add gelatin to a bowl of 1 tbsp water. Leave it till gelatin dissolves.
- Add cornstarch, honey, salt and egg yolks to a bowl and mix them with a whisk
- Heat milk to 180o with medium-high temperature in a small heavy saucepan, you’ll see bubbles appear around the edge. Add milk to the egg mixture while constantly stirring with a whisk. Pour it all back to the pan. Cook it for 2 minutes with medium temperature, never forget to stir.
- Take the pan off the cooktop and pour in gelatin mixture, stir.
- Pour all into a bowl and stir occasionally for 20 minutes till it cools (not set). Put in yogurt and stir.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into glasses or bowls. Cover and let it cool down for 2 hours at least.
- Add ¼ cup of strawberries for the toppings and 2 tsp syrup each serving.
3. Vegan almond butter cups
- Prepare 1 cup of dairy-free dark chocolate chips, ¼ cup of almond butter, 1tbsp maple syrup, ½ tbsp powdered sugar, ½ tsp vanilla extract, 1/8 tsp salt and 1 tsp sliced almond.
- Have a mini muffin lined with 12 mini cupcake wrappers
- Use a double boiler to melt the chocolate chips
- Pour a tsp of that into the bottom of a cup and coat every cupcake liner halfway up the sides with a small spoon.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients (leave the almond slices for the toppings)
- Scoop a tsp of that mixture and press it into the center of each wrapper. Put them in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to harden them all.
- Take them out and pour a tsp of melted chocolate on top of each muffin.
- Sprinkle a few almond slices over each muffin.
- Put them back in the fridge to set for 20 minutes.
- Use an airtight container to keep in the fridge them till they get all eaten.